I have so many things that I would like to post, from Emmy's first birthday to all of our summer trips. For now, something takes precedence. I want to post a tribute to my Grandaddy. Grandaddy passed away on August 19, 2012. He was 88 years old. He was one of the most amazing men I have ever met. Anyone that knew him, would definitely never forget him. He was a family man... kind, sensitive, passionate, smart, and devoted. He never met a stranger, and he was so proud of every member in his family. Growing up, Jessica and I spent so much time in Fort Worth visiting Grammy and Grandaddy. They took us on our first beach trip...Galveston, Texas! We spent countless hours playing in their pool and having tea parties on their deck. Grandaddy was always a big part of it all. He was an amazing cook. His breakfast spreads were unbelievable, and we had to have his tapioca pudding every time we visited. There are so many things I will never forget about my Grandaddy. I am a better person for knowing him, and I feel so fortunate for having him in my life for so long.
I am especially fortunate that he got to meet his great-granddaughter, sweet Emmy, two different times. We visited in September when she was just 4 months old, and we visited again about 6 weeks before his passing. We happened to be in Fort Worth on Emmy's first birthday. Even though I know Emmy will not remember these visits when she gets older, it was so special for all of us. We captured a few pictures of Grandaddy with Emmy on our most recent trip. They are below. We will never forget such a wonderful man that made this world a better place. I love you, Grandaddy.
Grandaddy holding Emmy in June
Grandaddy and Emmy, Emmy 4 months
Celebrating Emmy's first birthday, June 30, 2012:
Grammy, Jennifer, Emmy, Grandaddy, Alex, and Candy
My Amazing Grandfather
No comments:
Post a Comment